Chicago Temporary Non-Immigrant Visas Lawyer

Assisting With Lawful Entry into the United States

Every day in America, immigration law seems to complicate the lives of those who want to live in the United States. This makes some people wary about visiting the country. However, it’s important to realize that immigrants and non-immigrant foreign nationals have very different experiences. If you have no intent to stay in America, the visa application process can be much simpler. However, working with a Chicago temporary non-immigrant visa lawyer is still advisable.

At Gilliam Law, our experienced legal team works exclusively in immigration law. While this often results in our helping clients seek citizenship, we also have extensive experience in assisting nonimmigrants with legally entering the country. Perhaps you need a visa for a temporary work opportunity, or maybe you plan on visiting simply to take in the sights of the United States. Regardless of your situation, our temporary non-immigrant visa lawyer is ready to help.

Do You Need an Attorney to Enter America for a Limited Period?

If you plan on coming to America temporarily, you may wonder whether an immigration lawyer is necessary. After all, the process of visiting the country — or even staying there for months on a non-permanent basis — is much simpler than seeking a green card or citizenship. Additionally, there’s no law that requires anyone to seek legal counsel in the United States. However, the benefits of using an attorney are why many nonimmigrants hire a professional.

Even if you’re only going to be in America temporarily, there are various hurdles in your way. Consular processing, visa interviews, Homeland Security investigations, and other tools in the American immigration system can complicate the process. Even simple mistakes — ranging from clerical errors to missing documents — can delay the process of obtaining a visa. In some cases, you may even be denied entry unexpectedly.

This can be devastating if you have an employment offer waiting, are expected to start school, or even miss a scheduled event you were looking forward to. A Chicago temporary non-immigrant visa lawyer can review your situation and make sure you’ve met all eligibility requirements for moving forward. In some cases, they may even be able to find a more straightforward way for you to enter the country. And since Gilliam Law offers Free Case Evaluation, you have nothing to lose by reaching out.

Can Workers Enter the United States on a Temporary Basis?

When people ask about temporary non-immigrant visas, they’re often referring to temporary entry for work purposes. In fact, instructional pages for attaining temporary worker status are the first results when you search the term on Google. Fortunately, you don’t need a permanent job offer to get an American visa. In fact, there are a variety of visa categories that apply to workers and professionals in various industries. Here are just a few examples:

  • H-1B Visa: For professionals in specialty occupations.
  • H-2A Visa: For seasonal or temporary agricultural workers.
  • H-2B Visa: For seasonal or temporary workers outside of the agricultural industry.
  • L Visa: An intracompany transferee (i.e., workers transferred from another “branch) is eligible for temporary visas.
  • P-3 Visa: Entertainers or artists.
  • O Visa: For individuals who have extraordinary achievements or abilities.

This is just a small sampling and nowhere close to indicative of all temporary non-immigrant visa types. Are you a religious worker? Do you plan on coming to train new workers for your employer? Are you in another specialty occupation that requires a temporary trip to America? No matter your situation, you may be eligible for a non-permanent work visa. Reach out to our temporary non-immigrant visa lawyer today, and we’ll help you understand your options.

What Other Temporary Visa Is Allowed Under the Law?

While many people use the terms temporary non-immigrant visa and temporary work visa interchangeably, employment isn’t the only way to enter America on a temporary basis. In fact, some individuals can come into the country for up to 90 days without even applying for a visa. This is thanks to the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Of course, not everyone will qualify for such a simple process. Fortunately, various other temporary entry options are offered by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

These options include:

  • Business visa
  • Tourism visa
  • Foreign workers
  • Fiancé(e) visas
  • Cultural exchange programs
  • Vessel or aircraft crew visas
  • Australian specialty occupation visas
  • Crime victim visas

Whether you need a work, tourism, visitor, or student visa (or one of the dozens of other visa categories), a Chicago temporary non-immigrant visa lawyer may be able to assist you. If you’re concerned about your ability to enter the country, just remember how broad U.S. immigration law is when it comes to temporary stays. Applying and gaining entry may not be the easiest endeavor, but with the help of a legal professional, the process can be significantly simplified.

Contact a Chicago Temporary Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer Today

While it’s much easier to obtain a nonimmigrant or visitor visa than to establish residency in America, the process of entering the country can still be complicated. The country has a vested interest in securing its borders, and this sometimes means well-meaning individuals encounter unnecessary hurdles. Fortunately, this isn’t a process you have to handle on your own. Whether you’re seeking medical treatment or want to earn a temporary paycheck, an immigration attorney can assist.

At Gilliam Law, we spend our days assisting foreign nationals on their journey to enter America. We’ve worked with a wide variety of individuals — including exchange visitors, seasonal workers, treaty traders, international students, and many others. Regardless of your individual circumstances, our law firm will review your case and let you know your best options. Contact us today at (866) 511-3422 to schedule your Free Case Evaluation.

Our Chicago temporary non-immigrant visa lawyer is ready to assist.

latest Articles

Skip to content