Chicago C-R1 Visa Attorney

Chicago C-R1 Visa Attorney

Working For You In Chicago

Moving with your spouse to a new country is a big step. There are a lot of uncertainties, a different, unfamiliar culture, and, in all likelihood, a new language. While you make all these adjustments, you need a dedicated team to guide you through the complicated process of applying for and obtaining your conditional resident spouse visa. At Gilliam Law, our C-R1  visa lawyers are here to help. Our clients are our extended family, and we will work with you at every step to ensure you understand and feel heard throughout the process. We are on your side. Call us- today for a Case Consult at 866-511-3422. We’re working for you.

The K-1 visa is only valid for 90 days. That means that you must marry within 90 days of your fiancé (e) entering the United States. Otherwise, the visa expires, and they will have to return to their home country. You should also note that the K-1 visa does not automatically transfer into permanent residence status (a green card) after you are married. Your new spouse will have to apply for their permanent resident status in addition to being approved for the original K-1 visa.

This process can be fairly complicated, and it’s always a good idea to hire someone who understands how to navigate the process and law. An experienced attorney can help you better understand how to best apply for a fiancé visa as well as how to approach the green card process once you are married. The latter can be an especially arduous process, and you should have someone on your side who is familiar with the law and can help you navigate the tricky application process. We understand what an exciting and worrying time this can be, and we’re ready to work with you to help increase your chances of a speedy resolution.

What is the Difference Between a C-R1 Visa and an I-R1 Visa?

While both visas are for married couples, it is crucial to know the differences. The C-R1 visa is for couples that have:

Are There Additional Requirements and Qualifications to Consider?

Beyond the basic requirements listed above, you should also be aware that to qualify for a C-R1 visa, you must:

How Do We Apply for a C-R1 Visa?

Obtaining your C-R1 visa can be a very complex process. It involves much waiting after the proper forms have been filed, which can be challenging when your future is on hold. That is why you must have a strong, compassionate, and knowledgeable team behind you to guide you through the maze. At Gilliam Law, our clients are like our family; we have your back.

A C-R1 visa is for couples who have not been married for long. Therefore, it is more difficult to prove that these marriages are not only for immigration purposes, thus the conditional status of the visa once granted.

The steps for obtaining a C-R1 visa are:

What Documents Do We Need?

The following documents are required for a C-R1 Visa:

When Should We Call an Immigration Lawyer

Moving to a new country with your spouse is a huge undertaking. It can be hard to start over. At Gilliam Law, we help shoulder some of the stress of this part of the journey so you and your spouse can focus on what is important: building your dreams. We believe in family. Call us today to schedule your Case Consult at 866-511-3422  Welcome Home.   

latest Articles

Skip to content